Influence Music Hall
A Community for Art & Music Lovers
Info on Friday Night Open Mic
Virtual (Zoom) Open Mic
Instructions on how to make great music sound great on the virtual sound stage:
For Zoom on a PC or Mac:
- Open Zoom and click on “Settings” icon (the “gear” in the upper right hand corner).
- Click “Audio” and then click “Advanced.”
- Check the box “Show in-meeting option “Enable Original Sound from microphone.”
- Check “Disable Echo Cancellation”
- Check “High Fidelity Music Mode”
- Close “Settings” window.
These are persistent settings – they should be set this way when you return for the next session.
If you forget to set Zoom up this way before the meeting you can do it during the meeting.
When the Open Mic Session begins, go to the upper left hand corner of your Zoom Screen and click on the button that says “Turn on Original Sound.”
The button will change to say “Turn off Original Sound” (that’s how you know it’s on).
This setting is not persistent – you must do it at the beginning of every session.
For Zoom on iPhone, iPad or Android:
- Go to “settings” and then “Meeting”
- Scroll down and enable “Use Original Sound”